Staying curious is one of the things in life that really keeps us growing.
is one of my favorite sites (besides stumbleupon.com) to get new food for thought! Here is a small sample that kept my brain in shape today.
1. People who are sad are likely to spend more money than those who are happy.
2. Music can help reduce chronic pain by more than 20% and can alleviate depression by up to 25%.
3. Almost 80% of food commercials during Saturday morning children’s shows are for junk food.
4. If you’re ever feeling sleepy, hold your breath as long as you can, and then breath out slowly. It increases your heart rate.
5. Food actually tastes better when you are eating with people you like.
6. Japan uses 24 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks each year, China uses 45 billion – That’s about 25 million trees used every year.
7. Subconsciously, it takes at least 6-8 months for the brain to process complete forgiveness for someone who hurt you emotionally.
8. About $79 trillion is currently in circulation – When evenly distributed, every person in the world could have about $11,000.